Whitewood Gardens RCF is more than a job, we are a Care Family. Our philosophy is that every person who works here is an extended part of the family for each of our Residents (Family Member). Hard work and innovation are encouraged and rewarded. When you work with us you will feel HEARD & APPRECIATED!!
As the Caregiver you are responsible for providing direct care to our family members and assume the responsibility for assisting the residents with the numerous activities of daily living while encouraging and guiding them to maintain or reach the highest level of independence in accordance with facility policies and procedures. Report the needs and concerns to the supervisor on duty. In addition, you will have other duties, such as food service and laundry. In this role we ask that you bring a sense of humor and professionalism, while being an example to others and helping with any questions other staff members may have.
Pay: $17.00 per hour
Benefits: Competitive Pay, 100% Covered Medical, Work/Life Balance, 401k Matching Program, Employee Appreciation, Paid Time Off & Wellness Leave AND MORE!!!
- Provides all family member care needs and comforts of daily living, including but not limited to: engaging in activities of interest, providing restorative activities assigned by nursing programs necessary to maintain ADLs, including but not limited to Bathing, Toileting, Dressing, Eating, Etc.
- Exemplary customer service to residents, peers, families, managers, and visitors
- Report any changes in physical or mental conditions in a timely manner.
- Assist with assigned tasks, including but not limited to: Measuring and recording vitals; gathering weights, make beds, cleaning closets, organizing, and ensuring cleanliness of resident living area.
- Documents family member information timely, accurately, and confidentially according to the procedures set forth in the EMR system.
- Demonstrate proper use of equipment and report equipment needs or repairs.
- Performs food service functions to include: Preparing family members for meals, serving food, assisting with eating, after meal care, passing snacks and fresh water/ice; recording food/fluid intake, noting changes of eating habits and appropriately reporting.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
As part of the Care Family at Whitewood Gardens, you should have a positive and friendly demeanor. You must have a passion for working with our family members, an understanding and patient mind. Previous work experience in elder care is preferred.
Report Structure: This position reports to the RN, Residential Care Coordinator and Administrator
Physical Demands: May be required to lift up to 30lbs. Requires basic office work, including sitting, walking, climbing stairs, kneeling, bending and operating office equipment and medical equipment.
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
COVID-19 considerations: Whitewood Gardens at City Center is following CDC and OHA guidelines
Education: High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Experience: Caregiving: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location