Whitewood Gardens RCF is more than a job, we are a Care Family. Our philosophy is that every person who works here is an extended part of the family for each of our Residents (Family Member). Hard work and innovation are encouraged and rewarded. When you work with us you will feel HEARD & APPRECIATED!!
As the Medication Technician you are responsible for ensuring that our family members who live in our Community receive their medications and health related items in a safe, secure, and timely manner. You will assist others in the Care Family to develop, coordinate and perform the tasks of our Family member’s service plan according to their preferences and abilities. In this role we ask that you bring a sense of humor and professionalism, while being an example to others and helping with any questions other staff members may have.
Pay: $18.00 per hour
Benefits: Competitive Pay, 100% Covered Medical, Work/Life Balance, 401k Matching Program, Employee Appreciation, Paid Time Off & Wellness Leave AND MORE!!!
- Be an example of the Whitewood Gardens Philosophy, the Care Family, while acting in accordance with the regulations of the state.
- Be proactive and ensure that you receive updates regarding the previous shift from the Med Aide & Caregiver.
- Maintain Family Member records in our EMR, including but not limited to, obtaining current physician orders, clarifying orders, and alert and monthly/daily charting.
- Orders, stores, and assists with medications according to facility policy and procedure and current physician orders.
- Read/Report in our Communication Log and EMR for any changes that have occurred for any of our family members throughout the day.
- Assist our family members with activities of daily living, environmental orientation, vital signs, first aid wound care, and communication with outside health care professionals.
- Share your knowledge of infection control and universal precautions.
- Communicate the care given in our EMR, adhering to facility policies and procedures.
- Assist in maintaining a clean, comfortable, and safe environment for everyone in the Care Family. Ensure that the front door is always secure, if needed.
- Communicate deficiencies observed in our family member’s apartments and facility to administrator. Complete Incident Report forms as needed for any unusual occurrences.
- Observe and communicate any changes in family member physical or mental status.
- Be thoroughly familiar with all emergency procedures, following the policies and procedures in the fire and disaster plans.
- Maintaining a clean and organized Medication Room.
- Supervises and monitors floor staff.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
As part of the Care Family at Whitewood Gardens, you should have a positive and friendly demeanor. You must have a passion for working with our family members, an understanding and patient mind. Previous work experience in elder care is preferred.
Report Structure: This position reports to the RN, Residential Care Coordinator and Administrator
Physical Demands: May be required to lift up to 30lbs. Requires basic office work, including sitting, walking, climbing stairs, kneeling, bending and operating office equipment and medical equipment.
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
COVID-19 considerations: Whitewood Gardens at City Center is following CDC and OHA guidelines
Education: High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Experience: Med Tech: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location